BONSERNEWS.com – If you are tired of enjoying pastries that tend to have a sweet taste during Eid, you can try making your own onion cakes at home.
Onion cake is a snack that should not be missed during Eid.
The onion cake itself comes from West Sumatra. As the name suggests, this cake is indeed made from flour dough mixed with onions.
Also Read: Recipe for Opor Ayam without Coconut Milk, which is healthier and lower in calories, not afraid to look at the scales during Eid!
This cake, which has a savory and crunchy taste, can be made with a rolling pin machine or with an unused syrup bottle.
Apart from being a dish during Eid, onion cakes can also be enjoyed as an everyday snack.
Make sure to drain the oil after frying the onion cakes so that the onion cakes remain crispy and last longer.
Also Read: Recipe for Umm Ali, Middle Eastern and Egyptian Pudding Suitable to Complement Your Iftar Meal
For more details, let’s take a peek at the recipe and how to make onion cakes.
Onion Cake Recipe
- 250 grams of medium protein flour
- 50 grams of tapioca flour
- 50 grams of flour (for sprinkling)
- 2 chicken eggs
- 75 ml thick coconut milk
- Cooking oil (for frying)
Onion Cake Seasoning
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 Spring onions
- 2 stalks of chopped celery leaves
How to make
- Mix flour, tapioca flour, ground spices, eggs, and coconut milk. Stir and knead until well blended and smooth.
- Add chopped celery leaves. Prepare a pasta grinder, roll the dough 3 times until it becomes a 2 mm thick sheet.
- Spread it on a cutting board, then shape it according to taste. It can also be made into matchsticks with a pasta mold. Sprinkle with flour so they don’t stick together.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, fry the dough until golden brown. Lift, drain. Once cool, store in an airtight jar.
- Easy is not the way to make it? Onion cakes are ready to be served to guests during Eid. ()