BONSERNEWS.com – Many jokes say that when we fast during Ramadan, we will lose 3 kilograms. But when Eid arrives, our weight will increase by 5 kilograms.
This is because the average typical Eid food in Indonesia is dominated by high cholesterol content, one of which is chicken opor.
Opor ayam itself is one of the foods that is characteristic of celebrating Victory Day.
Also Read: Recipe for Umm Ali, Middle Eastern and Egyptian Pudding Suitable to Complement Your Iftar Meal
However, we must ensure that it is consumed within reasonable limits. The content of coconut milk which has high calories is not good for health and can cause uncontrolled weight gain.
For that we can make healthier chicken opor with the following recipe.
Chicken Opor Recipe Without Coconut Milk
Also Read: Recipe for Balinese Kuwut Ice, Typical Indonesian Takjil from Bali which are Fresh, Sour and Sweet, Perfect for Breaking the Fast!
– Chicken Opor Ingredients
- 10 pieces of chicken
- 2 sticks of lemon grass in geprek
- 3 pieces of lime leaves
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/2 cm round galangal, crushed
- 4 tbsp FiberCreme
- 700 ml of water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp broth powder
- 1/4 tsp granulated sugar
- Enough oil for frying and sautéing
Chicken Marinade Seasoning
- 1 knuckle turmeric
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 3 cloves of garlic
Chicken Opor Seasoning
- 3 shallots
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 5 hazelnuts
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1 knuckle turmeric
- 1 knuckle ginger
– How to make
- Prepare all ingredients. Clean the chicken, give the orange juice, then wash and drain. Grind the turmeric, garlic and salt until smooth and then coat the chicken with the spices. Heat the oil, then fry the chicken, until browned, remove and drain. Mix fibercreme and warm water, stir until smooth.
- Pound the opor ayam seasoning until smooth. Heat a little oil, saute the spices until they smell golden, add the lemon grass, bay leaves, lime leaves, galangal, chicken, stir well then add the fibercreme sauce, add salt, granulated sugar, powdered broth, taste test.
- Let it boil evenly and cooked, remove and serve with rice or lontong.
Easy and guaranteed healthier. I don’t worry anymore, Eid is getting wider. Interested in trying it at home?()